Thursday, November 11, 2010

Breaking Records

As of Monday I was officially the most pregnant I have ever been.

Today I am seven weeks, six days.

I'm still experiencing a fair amount of anxiety. It's hard to be calm when my symptoms kind of come and go as they please. This morning Nemo told me that I've been grinding my teeth at night, which is not something I normally do! But it makes sense, as I have continued to have disturbing dreams every night since I found out. I am so thankful to have this baby to worry about, but sometimes I think that I'm not strong enough for this.

My first appointment with the midwife is next Friday. If I make it that far, they will do an informal ultrasound just to "ease my mind". So now I'm counting down the days to that.

Oh, and I told Older Sister about the baby and Nemo told his "work mom" (some people have a work spouse, he has a work mom. It is pretty cute). They are the only two people who know about both of our losses, so they know what is at stake and are being as supportive as they can.

In other news, a job at the library branch about a quarter of a mile away from my house opened up, and I decided to apply for it. Baby or no baby, there are certain advantages to working close to home. There are disadvantages too, but I made a pro and con list, and the pros turned out to outweigh the cons. But mostly it would be so cool not to lose an hour every day to a commute!

4 comments:

mrsblondies said...

Glad to hear that the pregnancy is still going strong and that you have an ultrasound soon to ease your mind. I hope the close job works out.

Faith said...

Congrats on this huge milestone! When I hit my 12 weeks, just past the point of my first miscarriage, I couldn't believe it. Even with the anxiety and disbelief, miracles happen:). I'm pulling for you!

Megan said...

That is wonderful! Praying that things continue to go smoothly, and good luck with the job application!

Joy said...

Holding you and your little one in prayer.
Good luck with the job.