Friday, July 23, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 1

1. I've never done this before. I hope I'm doing it right!

2. Sunday is my Godson and his twin brother's baptisms. It has suddenly occurred to me that a) I have nothing to wear and b) I forgot to get them presents. Guess I am going to spend my day off at the shopping center! There are worse things in life, I suppose.

3. I haven't had my mid-morning soda in three mid-mornings. I am not a sleepy or cranky as I thought I would be. But I do miss the bubbly deliciousness.

4. My baby sister (not a baby; 17 years old) is coming for a visit next week. She is the best kind of seventeen year old. If I leave her home with my collection of Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice dvds and make sure the fridge is stocked, she won't move from the couch until I get home from work. I like to think I have something to do with her taste in movies:)

5. Other thing I have to do today is finish writing a cover letter for a potential new job situation. This is something I have very mixed feelings about, but N is encouraging me to apply because it couldn't hurt. I guess he's right, but I would rather be a mom.

6. For my mom's Christmas present last year I set up a fac.ebook account for her. I think I may have created a monster. She regularly threatens to disinherit me and my sisters if we don't PLAY OUR SCRABBLE MOVES ALREADY, GEEZ! It's one of the best things, ever. She also posts more pictures of my nice/Goddaughter than Older Sister does.

7. N and I are going on vacation to beautiful northern Michigan in two weeks. Half of the week we will spend with my grandma in her little house in the big woods, the other half at a really awesome looking bed and breakfast. I'm really looking forward to it; I'm hoping it will be as relaxing as it looks on paper!

No comments: