Friday, July 30, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 2

1. We're trying to build a patio. So far it's been a complete disaster. We had a poured-concrete patio, but it was sloped towards the house which was allowing rainwater to just pour down into the foundation. Last summer N and a friend (a good friend, obviously) spent eight hours busting the patio up with jackhammers, but then the project stalled. We have had a huge gaping hole in the back yard ever since.

2. Baby Sister is coming to visit tomorrow, and I am freaking out because I just remembered that I promised to teach her to drive a stick shift! Ack!

3. If today wasn't Friday, I would be calling in malingering tomorrow. This week has really whupped me.

4. N is being considered for a job in the DC-Metro area, so I have been amusing myself by looking at apartments. We own our house now, but housing near DC isn't anywhere near as affordable so we probably wouldn't be able to buy right off the bat. I spend a lot of time contemplating what it would be like to rent again. I can't always wrap my head around it!

5. I have it in my head to make home-made laundry soap as detailed in Tall Tales from a Small Town. I really am too cheap to buy laundry detergent.

6. I've been trying to read this one book for about five or six months now, but I'm only 75 pages into it. I think it might be time to call it quits.

7. The community garden that I joined two weeks ago still doesn't have a water source. Apparently the water company was supposed to hook up the water a long time ago, but they have been dragging their feet a bit. As a direct result, I have to haul gallons and gallons of water there every day--I am getting ridiculous biceps!

No comments: