Friday, September 3, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 6

1. Today is the day that we pay off the car--over two years early! The next phase of the plan is doubling our emergency fund so we have six months of expenses saved up for a rainy day. After THAT (roughly April 2011), then we can start saving for our Enormous Dog Transport Device, aka a minivan.

2. Now that the car is paid off, our new financial plan involves giving to charities on a regular basis. We're not tithing yet--not by a long shot. The amount we decided on is only about 2.5% of our take home pay, but it's a start.

3. School started yesterday. It was so weird and peaceful in the library, and I got so much done.

4. It's my day off today, and I completely forgot to go to daily Mass. I've got to stop doing that.

5. N and I are bound and determined to have a date night this month. We haven't gone out to dinner since February. Indian food, here we come!

6. I have to work on Saturday, but other than that our Labor Day plans include visiting Godson and family tomorrow evening, picnic for N's department at the University on Sunday, and cookout with my in-laws on Monday. Busy busy.

7. Have a wonderful, blessed weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

That's so huge! What an incredible feeling!

We found that our car "drove better" once it was paid off. Yea for financial plans and knowing where you're going! Congrats!

iRejoice said...

Thanks Lauren! It was a very gratifying feeling. I can hardly believe we did it!