Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Only Tuesday

I've got the mid-cycle munchies.

I swear I'm not making this up. It's really a thing. Since I started charting I have begun to notice a lot of patterns, and one of them is being ravenously hungry around ovulation. Apparently, building up the endometrium and the process of ovulating burns a lot of calories, hence the unprecedented hunger. The things they don't tell you in biology class!

This is great news for two reasons. The first is that I haven't had this particular hunger in a while. So in my seventh cycle after the last miscarriage, I am finally starting to feel fertile again. Even if I don't conceive, it's great to know that its possible.

Also, it is only CD13. I've had fertile CM and other signs of impending ovulation since CD9. So early for me! Usually my body hems and haws about it for almost three weeks before finally getting down to business. Dare I expect ovulation to be on time this cycle?

In other news, I have started to train for a half-marathon. A full marathon seems ridiculous to me, but I could totally run 13 miles. I think. I've run that far before when I was a teenager. Maybe I could do it again?

The only thing is that I'm not sure how this will impact my fertility. How much training is too much?

Since I started running I have been careful not to lose any weight. When I was 20 I got mono which went undiagnosed because my doctor was a complete moron. My spleen was enlarged, which pushed on my stomach, which hurt like heck and I didn't want eat for six months. I lost a lot of weight that I never gained back, so my BMI is still at about 20. I'm really not comfortable losing any more. Anyway, I "make myself" eat a bowl of ice cream every night. Darn!

Given that I stay at a healthy weight, will this training program still affect my fertility? Doctor Google isn't very clear on what constitutes "excessive" exercise. Hmmm. Maybe I will back it off a bit.

1 comment:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Interesting about your munchies! I've never noticed that. I struggle to keep my weight up while eating healthy as well- and one easy switch for me was to whole milk and whole milk products. It's a "healthy" fat and yummy, too! :)