Saturday, December 11, 2010

Babygazing

First of all, thank you all for your support and encouragement. You light up my dark places! And special thanks to my prayer buddy; I can feel your prayers working in my life!

Our third ultrasound was yesterday. When the ultrasound tech got started, she said she was going to check out my ovaries and whatnot and then move on the the "baby stuff".

WHO CARES ABOUT MY OVARIES! I WANT TO SEE THE BABY!

Luckily she consented to check the baby's heart first and it was, in fact, beating at 163 BPM.

Then she had to hunt high and low for my ovaries. One was hidden next to my hip, and she couldn't find the other one and had to call in her supervisor. Everything is moving around so much!

I had been waiting in the waiting room for so long that I had to pee really badly by the time I got into the exam room, but the tech wouldn't let me go because it makes everything contract or something like that. And then, through the whole scan, she and her supervisor kept saying, "Wow! You're bladder is REALLY full!"

To which I wanted to reply, "I KNOW! PLEASE STOP PRESSING ON IT!" But you know, they were the ones facilitating the babygazing, so I was polite.

The baby was measuring 5.6 centimeters, or about 2.2 inches, which is just about perfect for 12 weeks. He/she had REALLY long legs, or maybe it just seemed that way because the last time I had an ultrasound the legs were too small to be seen.

Nemo was absolutely enchanted to see the baby. He is a man in love!

The baby was really having a lot of fun in there. It liked to bend its knees and then kick off the sides of my uterus and bounce around--it did that three times in a row, and then a few more times throughout the scan. It was so cute!

We saw fingers, toes, nose, and all that stuff. It liked to have its hands by its face--I like to think that it was sucking its thumb:)

The first thing I did after the scan was thank God. The second thing I did was hustle to the store to buy a belly band. The waistbands of my jeans are not my friends. So much more comfortable now!

This cold/flu/sinus infection, or whatever the heck it is, is really getting the better of me. Once I kick one symptom, the others get worse. All I have now is a mild cough, mild sore throat, and KILLER sinus pressure. I literally did not get to sleep until six o'clock this morning because it felt like someone was driving a railroad spike into my cheek. Then I had to get to work by 9:30am. Not fun.

I tried multiple steamy showers, putting a heating pad on my face, and drinking lots of hot liquids, but nothing seemed to help. I'm really afraid to go to the doctor because I think they will just prescribe antibiotics, which I am worried would hurt the baby and also I typically have really bad reactions to antibiotics--sometimes its worse than the actual illness. I'm really hoping I can kick this on my own, but I am at my wit's end! I'm really praying that things change drastically by Monday, or else I will have to seek treatment per an agreement I have with Nemo...

3 comments:

Faith said...

This is so darn exciting! I am so happy for you! The ultrasounds just get cooler and cooler from here on out! Enjoy this! And I think I had antibiotics this go around due to something I got....can't remember? And all is well with our baby girl so far:). So, if you have to, just know that there are plenty of safe ones for pregnancy. Feel better!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

SOOOOO exciting!!!! Enjoy those pictures and moments!

me said...

aww so fun! I remember they tell you to drink SO much water for those ultrasounds you are like ready to burst! But glad everything is going so well!! 12 weeks!