Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Belated Prayer Buddy Reveal

This past Advent season I had the honor of praying for Renee over at Second Chances. I loved getting to know her by reading through her informative and picture-filled blog. Renee has faced many challenges, but she is also incredibly strong of faith and spirit. She is such an inspiration!

My heartfelt thanks go out to A Complicated Life for her prayers. They were invaluable to me! One of the intentions I asked my Prayer Buddy to pray for was that Nemo will find employment after he gets his PhD in May. A few weeks ago he landed an interview at a University in a city where we have friends (bonus) AND just today he found another excellent opportunity that fits him perfectly--I'm hoping we get an interview out of that one too!

Have a blessed and happy rest of the Christmas season, Prayer Buddies. My prayers are with you both.

Now on to 2011!

During the bleeding scare on Monday I was ready to call our New Year's Eve party off, but now we are going ahead as planned. Nemo has been a HUGE help getting ready. Even though he is already the designated chef for the event he has also cleaned, vacuumed, moved furniture, de-cluttered, etc etc. The house is almost unrecognizable!

Despite all of his hard work the chore list is still about a mile long. I am floating away in dirty laundry, and I shudder to think how long it's been since I washed the kitchen floor. It's going to be a busy couple of days, but I honestly prefer them that way.

6 comments:

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Don't over do it though:) And save the floors for last...if you don't get to them, it's ok b.c they are going to be walked all over anyway. Happy you are doing well and continuing with the party:) Bring it on 2011...I am so ready!

Second Chances said...

Thank you so much for your prayers! It has been wonderful meeting another blogger I didn't know and sharing prayer petitions. I will keep you in my prayers as you progress! And yes, don't overdo it! Treat yourself and call a maid!

Holly Rutchik said...

Ohhh! I will pray for you, your hubby and that he finds a great job before May!! My hubby is done with his masters in May (the same time we are due!!) and I am praying he finds something before then. So happy to have found another blog friend who is waiting on the same thing!
What was the offical word on the bleeding? Did I miss a post about it or something? I have been praying

iRejoice said...

Hi Holly,

Nemo's in his sixth year as a doctoral student, so we know all about the waiting game!

There was no offical word on the bleeding. The midwife didn't seem too concerned about it so I'm trying not to be either. I think the theories were either that I am fighting a UTI (which is entirely possible) or that the spotting was caused by "relations". As long as it doesn't come back, I won't ask too many questions!

mrsblondies said...

My spotting episodes were pretty much caused by dehydration, so make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. I hope your party went well and Nemo's job hunt goes well.

iRejoice said...

Thanks mrsblondies! It makes sense now! Once I thought about it I realized that I WAS terribly dehydrated the day I had spotting. We had spent the entire previous day on the road so I didn't drink much at all--I didn't want to have to visit every single rest-stop on the way. I've definitely learned my lesson!

That's such a load off my mind:)