Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sick Day

Blech. I'm sick.

I had a mild sore throat for a few days, then Sunday night it hit me like a ton of bricks. Chills, aches, headache, congestion, and cough.

I took Monday off of work in an attempt to nip this cold in the bud. I don't get sick often, but when I do I DO, you know? The last time I got a cold it turned into a six-week battle with a secondary bacterial infection. No way I am letting that happen now. So yesterday I relaxed and drank tea and OJ and ate homemade chicken noodle soup that Nemo was so kind as to make for me. He also made me brownies. Honestly, he is such a blessing.

Whether or not it actually worked is still to be seen. My sore throat is marginally better and my cough is marginally worse. The congestion and sinus pressure isn't so bad today though. Thank goodness for that. But, I'm back at work regardless.

Friday is my 12-week ultrasound. I am characteristically anxious but also very VERY excited. I have been watching videos of other people's 12-week ultrasounds on Yout.ube so I know what to expect. I have to say, I was absolutely blown away by the the wiggling and squirming of those little babies! I knew that babies start moving in utero fairly early, but I was expecting more slow-motion, astronaut type movements. Not bouncing, kicking, and twisting like I saw in the videos. WOW! I want so badly to see my baby do that!

3 comments:

Faith said...

Oh yes, the 12 week u/s is awesome. It's amazing to see them looking like little babies and wiggling around in there - it's so surreal! I can't wait to hear all about it. And I REALLY hope you feel better soon!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Ugh that stinks. Feel better soon! Hope your ultrasound goes well.

mrsblondies said...

Sorry you are sick. Seeing the baby move on the u/s is awesome. I hope everything goes well for you.