Monday, December 27, 2010

*Updated, Everything OK* Scared Again

*Update*
The nurse got back to me and thought it would be a good idea for me to come in and get checked out, so they squeezed me in this afternoon. I broke down and im'ed Nemo from work to tell him I had the appointment, and he met me there. I was just so scared and needed the moral support. I think he was a little peeved that I lied to him this morning when he asked if everything was ok and I said yes. So I won't be doing that again.

The midwife did an internal exam, and the results were that my cervix was closed and there was no evidence of bleeding. So where the blood I saw came from remains a mystery, which bothers me, but I am still eternally thankful that things appear to be ok for the moment. I did get a nice big shot of Rho.gam right in the tush -ouch!- just in case.

They checked the baby's heartbeat and it was nice and strong--and very easy to find compared to the other times, which I guess means that baby is getting bigger.

I don't know what the future will bring, but this episode has reminded me to appreciate every day, every minute I have with my loved ones.

****

I had been doing ok on the anxiety front--entering my second trimester takes most of the credit for that.

But all last week I was having these weird stomach pains. They didn't feel like cramps, exactly, so I chalked them up to either growing pains or the stress of traveling.

This morning the pain was better, but I then started to get small flecks of blood when I went to the bathroom. I think its vaginal, but I can't be sure. I didn't tell Nemo because I didn't want to worry him. Now here I am at work, out of my mind with worry.

I called the midwife's office but they still haven't gotten back to me. I am desperate to go in to see if there is still a heartbeat.

I'm fourteen and a half weeks. We JUST told our families. We were planning on telling our friends this weekend. This isn't supposed to be happening. I don't know what to do, and if you can spare them I could really use some prayers to help me get through whatever comes next.

8 comments:

Holly Rutchik said...

Ugg! Don't put yourself through it - just og! Go to the midwives, docs or ER. Just go. That is what I would do - or have done!! Praying sooo hard!

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

Ditto to what Holly said. Just GO! It will ease your worry. I will say a prayer for you. I know how scary this is right now. Go!

mrsblondies said...

Ditto Holly and Christina! I'll be praying for you.

Faith said...

Oh my, so glad to hear all is well! What a scary time for you I am sure! Hang in there!

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

Thanks for the update! I am so glad they found a heart beat and everything appears to be okay.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

I am so glad baby is okay!! God bless that little one! And you and Nemo, too!

Irene Roe said...

You can add me to the people that are praying for you. God Bless you and the little one!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I found you from the blog It's Complicated. I'm happy to be praying for you and reading that you are ok now. No more scares:) Nice to meet you. I look forward to following you along:)Join me on mine too if you would like:)