Friday, January 28, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. I am 19 weeks pregnant today. Hoo-ee. We have started actively trying to think of names and we have a shared spreadsheet on Goo.gle Docs to prove it, but in all likelihood we won't decide until the very last minute. That's just how I roll.

2. My flashdrive got stolen out of my work computer when I stepped away from my desk for two minutes to scarf down a granola bar. Events like that make me really hate being a public librarian. It had a ton of personal info and pictures on it. Oh, and two and a half novels. I hope the thief enjoys reading them. Jerk.

3. I got my Burpee catalog a few weeks ago, and I have been having a lot of fun picking out my veggie seeds for the coming season. I considered not doing a garden this year because of how pregnant/busy mothering a newborn I will be this summer, but I'm gonna do it. Well, I'm going to supervise. There's a really good chance that Nemo will be doing all of the actual work.

4. My new hobby is ogling food. I order cookbooks from the library, take them home, and then just stare at the glossy full-color pictures of the food. It's kind of weird and creepy, but I am just so into food right now.

5. I found out I was pregnant in mid-October. At that point I was running about 10 miles a week. I haven't exercised since, hm...late October. This has got to change. I keep blaming the awful weather, but I totally have a treadmill in the basement. I've been planning on walking in the mornings, but then I always decide to sleep more instead. But it stops this week! I hope.

6. Nemo and I have been trying to do meatless Fridays for the past two weeks. It was his idea and I'm trying to support it but...I am loving meat right now, so it's hard.

7. I am trying to read more this year. I know I'm a librarian but I barely read. When I get home from work I just end up watching Doctor Who or Monk instead. This month I have read three books so far, and I'm almost done with a fourth. They were all historical murder mysteries, but I am totally counting them. I will move onto more mentally stimulating material next month.

1 comment:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Just checking on you...what is going on on your end? I'm concerned that we haven't heard from you.