Friday, August 20, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 4


1. Today was my day off. Since I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation, my to-do list was enormous. It took all day, but the grass it cut, the weeds are wacked, the laundry is done, the bathroom is clean, the baseboards are spackled, my clutter is posted on free.cycle, and my office is rearranged. Whew.

2. When I was working in the yard I couldn't help but notice how fall-y it is starting to look. I can't believe summer is almost over.

3. I made a zucchini quiche for dinner tonight. I must not have squeezed out enough juice from the zucchini, because the quiche was rather...damp. But other than that it was good.

4. For dinner we also had green beans from the garden, the first ones all year. Darn shady back yard!

5. My parents-in-law are coming over tomorrow to help N finish the patio. Too bad I'll be at work all day!

6. As soon as the patio is complete we want to have a big "eat burgers on the new patio" party. It will be so nice to have an attractive yard again, as opposed to a big gaping hole.

7. I've wasted the last hour of the day trying to fix my stupid mp3 player.

No comments: