Saturday, October 16, 2010

Appointment on Monday

Thank you all for the well wishes!

I have an appointment at my R.E. Dr. S' office first thing Monday morning to have blood drawn for a beta test. Maybe seeing the cold hard numbers will make it more real for me.They will get the results to me the same day, so I will let you know when I know:)

Calling the Doctor's office was kind of a surreal experience. The nurse asked if me 1) how long ago was my LMP and 2) are my periods regular? I told her that I chart for NFP purposes so I was absolutely sure that my period would have been due on Friday. To which she replied, "Um, what does that mean?"

So I got to tell her all about cervical fluid and temperatures. It really surprises me how few medical professionals know what NFP is, let alone how to use it as a diagnostic tool. What a shame!

For the record my LMP was September 15, but I didn't ovulate until October 1 (CD17), so that makes me four weeks, one day right now. I thought about putting a ticker on the blog but then I thought it might bum me out to see how far away 13 weeks and relative safety is. So I'll hold off for now. I think I'll stick with having staring contests with my calendar, because that totally makes time go faster! LOL.

It didn't come across this way in my last post, but I'm happy! And excited! Nemo is too. He's already researching and planning elaborate menus to give me and the baby the best nutrition possible.

His faith is amazing. He knew it was going to be this cycle!

It was so nice to go to bed last night as a family of three again.

2 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Love that last line!

Megan said...

So exciting! I can't wait to hear how the doctor appt. goes on Monday!

Also, think I have stopped by your blog a couple of times, but I am following you now! It looks like we both started our blogs in July. :) I will also add you to my blog roll!